Sudbury West – Attractions
Pour les services de réservation avec un représentant francophone, veuillez nous appeler directement au 705-560-6673 poste 15000
Enjoy many things to do in Sudbury, attractions and events that happen all around the hotel-like accommodations of Residence & Conference Centre – Sudbury West. Now the major retail, economic, health and education centre for all of Northeastern Ontario, Sudbury boasts a large Franco-Ontarian population that highly influences the cities arts and culture.
Sudbury’s diverse multicultural community has something to offer families, groups, couples and every type of traveller including Science North and Dynamic Earth which are just two of the numerous must see natural venues. Be wowed as you learn that from the fiery impact of a massive meteorite 1.85 billion years ago, this led to the discovery of one of the richest mineral deposits on the planet being mined still to this day. Discover the real reason why Apollo astronauts trained in Sudbury before their lunar voyages as the cities terrain in some areas simulated the surface of the moon.
Located steps away from our Sudbury hotel alternative is a must try Selkirk Walking Loop. This scenic loop connects the Terry Fox Sports Complex and Collège Boréal to Selkirk Park on Selkirk St. You can make this entire loop by walking up Selkirk St. and back along a path to Terry Fox Park. This is especially great if your group is at the Terry Fox Park for a Sudbury sports event for the day, and you need something to do. The trail follows a tributary of Junction Creek and shows off some of the city’s re-greening programs. This trail is part of the Greater Sudbury Trail system known as Rainbow Routes. The Rainbow Routes were developed to preserve trails for the betterment of those who reside in City of Sudbury, and the enjoyment of visitors that may not have access to nature paths.
Sudbury Attractions include:
- Science North – 7.3 km, 12 minutes
- Dynamic Earth – 8.3 km, 10 minutes
- Big Nickel – 7.3 km, 12 minutes
NORCAT (Northern Centre for Advanced Technology – 6.1 km, 9 minutes
- Selkirk Walking Loop – connects Collège Boréal/ Terry Fox SportsPlex to Selkirk Park on Selkirk St. – 2.1 km trail, 26 minutes
OLG Slots at Sudbury Downs – 17 km, 18 minutes
- New Sudbury Shopping Centre – 3.8 km, 5 minutes
- Rainbow Centre – 4.2 km, 6 minutes
- Northern Ontario Railroad Museum & Heritage Centre – 33 km, 30 minutes
- Dinosaur Valley Mini Golf – 17.5 km, 19 minutes
- Wagon Wheel Ranch – 18.7 km, 22 minutes
- Sudbury Kartways – 3.2 km, 4 minutes
- Sudbury Market Place – 3.3 km, 5 minutes